Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Meteor Valentines

Today is QiXi Valentines Day (七夕情人节)! Another romantic day for love birds!

It occurs on the seventh day of the seventh month on the Chinese lunar calendar. This day was originated from a beautiful love story. The seventh daughter of the Goddess of Heaven, 织女(zhīnǚ) Zhi Nv, fell in love with a cowherd called 牛郎(niúláng) Niu Lang. Regardless of the taboo that an immortal could not marry a mortal, she decided to marry Niu Lang. They lived happily for several years. Eventually, however, the Goddess of Heaven became fed up with her daughter's absence, and ordered her to return to heaven. However, the mother took pity on the couple and allowed them to reunite once a year. Legend has it that on the seventh night of the seventh moon, magpies form a bridge with their wings for Zhi Nv to cross to meet her husband.

13/08/2013
Yet I bed most of you are excited about the meteor shower in the midnight either from the windows or at the beach. I am at the half half side yet do not want to missed if there really is! Here's a conversation of me and my boyfie last night while.............................

* le me staring out from the window
"Dear, why are you staring at the window?" 
"I am waiting for meteor." 
"Don't be silly dear. We can't see them from here." 
"I want to make wishes." 
"Meteor shower can't gain wishes, dear."
"Why not?" I am thinking of something silly to tell him since he say I am silly already and something pass by my brain of one silly idea and said: "Meteor shower is a combine of a lots of meteor so can gain more wish bahh!" 
He goes silent and laugh and said: "Dear, lets go to bed can we?" and he continue to laugh.

Well, my mission of being silly is a great success! If there really is a meteor shower on this chinese valentines day will be supper romantic! 








Lastly on this which everyone call it a valentines day, I wish all the love birds will have a happy ending!



祝天下有情人終成眷屬!

No comments: